10 Amazing hacks and uses for bleachWhen people think of Bleach, their first though is generally sticking it down a toilet, but it has many other uses around the home. Many housekeepers have bleach as a standard item in their cleaning arsenal. There are three different kinds of bleach available for home use. The first is chlorine bleach that is found in liquid form, second is oxygen bleach which is usually a powder and the third kind is colour safe bleach or hydrogen peroxide. Each of these may have different uses, but all of them are an asset for your household cleaning projects. Here are 10 uses for bleach for various house cleaning chores. Please remember that bleach can be harmful if not rinsed thoroughly with water after use.
1. Mould and mildew – Bleach is great for killing mould and mildew while whitening at the same time. You can use it on grout, in the shower (including shower curtains) and to remove mould from cement and exterior paint on your house. Mix with water and let stand for at least 15 minutes before rinsing.
2. Kitchen – Every household should have a spray bottle of bleach mixed with water to use in the kitchen. You can use it to kill germs on cutting boards and counter tops plus use to clean your kitchen appliances.
3. Sanitizer – Since bleach is an effective way to kill bacteria, it can be used to sanitize just about anything around the home. Use it to sanitize kids toys, second hand items bought at a garage sale or anything else you touch with your hands to keep from spreading germs.
4. Brighten glassware – Nothing brightens up glassware like a touch of bleach in the dishwater. Just a teaspoon will get your dull and dingy glassware sparkling like new.
5. White porcelain – What better way to clean any white porcelain you have in the house. Bleach will not only clean and disinfect the porcelain in your sinks and toilets but whiten it as well.
6. Disinfectant – A mixture of water and bleach can be used as a disinfectant spray anywhere in the house. Why pay for expensive antibacterial cleaners when bleach is an inexpensive way to do the same thing.
7. Toilet – Nothing collects more germs than the toilets in your home. Bleach can be used to clean and disinfect the toilet bowl plus the seat and surrounding area.
8. Lawn furniture – Rain, humidity, leaves and pollen all attack your lawn furniture that is constantly exposed to the elements. A solution of ½ cup of bleach to a gallon of water can be used to clean plastic outdoor furniture and get rid of any mould or mildew stains.
9. Stains – Bleach is a great way to clean a variety of stains on fabrics and other surfaces. Hydrogen peroxide is very effective on blood and tomato stains in plastic ware can be easily removed with bleach. Make sure you test first on an inconspicuous area.
10. Garbage cans – Get those nasty, dirty garbage cans clean and disinfected with bleach. Just a cupful along with some detergent and water will do the job in a snap. Swish your solution around the bottom and sides with a toilet brush, let soak and rinse.
Article from: http://www.housekeeping.org/blog/10-uses-for-bleach-for-house-cleaning/